Current Affairs October 5, 2017
1. 3 Scientists selected for 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry:
- Jacques Dubochet, Joachim Frank and Richard Henderson have been selected by the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences for 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry.
- They have developed cryo-electron microscopy for the high resolution structure determination of biomolecules in solution.
2. High level committee for water management in North-East:
- A High level committee has been constituted by the Government for the proper management of water resources in north-east.
- Rajiv Kumar, the Vice Chairman of NITI Aayog will be the chairman of the committee.
|CLICK HERE TO SOLVE DAILY QUIZ BASED ON 4 OCTOBER CURRENT AFFAIRS|
3. Cabinet approves MoU between India and Switzerland on Technical Cooperation in Rail sector:
- The Union Cabinet has approved Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Ministry of railways and Switzerland on technical cooperation in rail sector.
- The MoU will enhance the technical cooperation in in different areas such as traction rolling stock, Freight and passenger cars, railways electrification equipment, Train scheduling and operational management etc.
4. PM inaugurates Golden Jubilee celebrations of ICSI:
- Prime Minister NarendraModi inaugurated the Golden Jubilee Celebration of the Institute of Company secretaries (ICSI) in New Delhi.
- The Government is focusing on de-registering over 2.1 lakh dormant, shell companies and disqualifying around one lakh directors as a part of cleanup of corporate system.
5. RBI keeps Repo Rate unchanged at 6%:
- In its fourth bi-monthly policy review for 2017-18, the Monetary Policy Committee of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has decided to keep the Repo Rate unchanged at 6% under the liquidity adjustment facility.
- Repo Rate: It is the rate at which RBI lends to commercial banks for shorter duration.
|CLICK HERE TO READ 4 OCTOBER CURRENT AFFAIRS|
CRACK IBPS PO 2017
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for IBPS PO Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in IBPS PO last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the IBPS PO Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for IBPS PO Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!