Current Affairs October 11, 2017
1. First BIMSTEC Disaster Management exercise held in New Delhi:
- National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) has recently conducted first BIMSTEC Disaster Management exercise-2017 in New Delhi from 10th to 13th October.
- The exercise aims to provide a platform that will help to strengthen and coordinate the best practices for disaster management among the BIMSTEC (Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation) member countries.
2. Rajasthan became the first state to incorporate skill development program in higher education:
- Rajasthan has become the first state in India to include skill development program in higher education. To implement this, Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has collaborated with state’s Department of College Education to prepare 16 courses for entrepreneurship and skill development for different colleges in the state.
- Under the program, 12 certificate and 4 diploma courses will be conducted and colleges will have to choose 5 courses.
3. IMF lowers India’s growth forecast to 6.7%:
- World Economic Outlook (WEO) of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) in its October edition has anticipated India’s growth at 6.7% for 2017 and 7.4% in 2018.
- The report has mentioned the impact of Demonetization and implementation of Goods and Services Tax (GST) as the main reasons behind the expected slowdown during the current and the next financial year.
4. Japan launches satellite for high tech GPS:
- Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) has successfully launched Michibiki-4 satellite (QZSS-4) from Tanegashima Space Centre.
- It was the fourth satellite in the Michibiki series i.e. Quasi-Zenith Satellite System (QZSS), which is a satellite based high precision Global Positioning System similar to US operated GPS.
5. NishaBiswal appointed as the new President of USIBC:
- Former US Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asia, NishaBiswal has been appointed as the President of US-India Business Council (USIBC).
- US-India Business Council (USIBC) is a premier business advocacy organization dedicated to strengthen the commercial and economic relations between US and India.
6. India occupies 8th slot in 2017 Valuable National Brand List:
- According to the Brand Finance’s Nation Brands 2017 report, India has secured 8th rank out of 100 countries on the list of most valuable nation brands.
- Previously, India was on the 7th spot.
- US has secured the first rank, followed by China and Germany.
|CLICK HERE TO READ 10 OCTOBER CURRENT AFFAIRS|
CRACK IBPS PO 2018
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for IBPS PO Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in IBPS PO last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the IBPS PO Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for IBPS PO Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!