Current Affairs October 10, 2017
1. Government receives 260 applications under VAJRA Scheme:
- Visiting Advanced Joint Research (VAJRA) Faculty Scheme, launched by the Union Ministry of Science and Technology has received 260 applications from foreign scientists.
- Among 260 applicants, 70 will be shortlisted.
- The scheme has been launched to attract scientists and research scholars to India so that they can contribute to the country’s Research and Development (R&D) programmes.
2. NMCG approves eight projects under NamamiGange Program:
- The executive committee of the National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) has approved 8 projects for sewage management, treatment of drains and surveillance of Ganga River under NamamiGange Program.
- These projects will be implemented in Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and West Bengal.
3. Health Ministry launches Intensified Mission Indradhanush:
- With an aim to accelerate the pace of full immunization program, the Union Ministry of Health and family Welfare has launched the Intensified Mission Indradhanush to provide more than 90% coverage by December 2018.
- Through this program, the Government wants to provide immunization to each and every child under 2 years of age and all those pregnant women who have been left uncovered under the routine immunization program.
|CLICK HERE TO SOLVE QUIZ BASED ON 8&9 OCTOBER CURRENT AFFAIRS|
4. Richard H. Thaler wins 2017 Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences:
- Richard H. Thaler, the Professor of Behavioral Science and Economics in America has won the 2017 Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences for his contribution to behavioral economics.
- Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences, officially known as SverigesRiksbank prize in economic sciences was established in 1968 in the memory of Alfred Nobel.
5. Government promotes new technologies in highway projects:
- The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) is going to implement “Value Engineering Program” to promote the use of new technologies in highway projects either under Public Private Partnership (PPP) mode or public funding mode.
- The objective of the program is to use innovative technology, materials and equipment to reduce the cost of highway projects and make them more Environment friendly.
6. International Conference on Dialogue of Civilizations-IV:
- The Archaelogical Survey of India (ASI) is going to host an international conference on “Dialogue of Civilizations-IV” from 8th to 15th October 2017 in New Delhi, Gandhinagar and Dholavira.
- The conference aim to discuss the importance of the five ancient, literate civilizations of the world i.e. Egypt, Mesopotamia, South Asia, China and Mesoamerica.
7. RBI to launch financial literacy drive in 9 states:
- With an aim to educate public on e-transactions, formal sector borrowings and insurance purchase, The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is going to launch financial literacy drive on pilot basis in nine states.
- The 9 states will be Uttar Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, Bihar, Odisha, Karnataka, Telangana and Haryana.
|CLICK HERE TO READ 8&9 OCTOBER CURRENT AFFAIRS|
CRACK IBPS PO 2018
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for IBPS PO Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in IBPS PO last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the IBPS PO Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for IBPS PO Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!