Current Affairs November 30, 2017
1. SAUBHAGYA Scheme launched in Manipur:
- PradhanMantriSahajBijliHarGharYojna (SAUBHAGYA), Under the Union Ministry of Power has been launched in Manipur.
- The scheme was launched by the Ministry of Power in 2017 to provide universal household electrification in all the rural and urban areas of the country.
2. First Woman Secretary General in LokSabha:
- LokSabha has appointed SnehlataShrivastava as its first woman Secretary General. She will succeed Anoop Mishra.
- RajyaSabha also had a woman secretary general- BS Rama Devi in the past.
3. 29th November: International Day of Solidarity with Palestinian People:
- International Day of Solidarity with Palestinian People is observed every year on 29th November by the United Nations.
- The day marks the anniversary of passing the Resolution 181.
4. SushmaSwaraj leaves for Russia to attend SCO meet:
- External Affairs Minister SushmaSwaraj has left for Sochi, Russia to participate in the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Meeting.
- In June 2017, India and Pakistan have become full-fledged members of the group.
5. Bangladesh to give Rs. 1800 crore for Bhashan Char Islands Project:
- Government of Bangladesh has approved Rs. 1800 crore to transform the Bhashan Char Islands into a temporary camp for the Rohingyas.
- The Camp would accommodate about 1 lakh refugees.
6. DharmendraPradhan dedicates Paradip-Raipur-Rachi pipeline to the Nation:
- Union Petroleum Minister DharmendraPradhanhas dedicated to the nation, 1073 km long Paradip-Raipur-Rachi pipelinein Chhattisgarh’s Korba.
- This pipeline project is expected to provide uninterrupted supply of petroleum products to Chhattisgarh, Odisha and Jharkhand.
7. Shaktikanta Das: India’s Sherpa for G20:
- The former Economic Affairs Secretary Shaktikanta Das has been appointed as the India’s Sherpa for G20.
- In this capacity, he will represent India’s leader in G20 by coordinating on the agenda of the summit.
8. Pradeep Singh Kharola: New Air India CMD:
- Senior IAS officer Pradeep Singh Kharola has been appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Air India.
- He will succeed Rajiv Bansal.
9. French film wins Best Film Award at IFFI 2017:
- Robin Campillo’s film “120 Beats Per Minute” on AIDS has won the Golden Peacock Award for best film at the 48th International Film Festival of India (IFFI) in Goa.
10. Amazon makes Aadhaar mandatory for tracking lost packages:
- E-commerce company Amazon has made it mandatory for the customers to link Aadhaar details to their accounts for tracking lost packages.
Crack IBPS Clerk Mains 2017
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for IBPS Clerk Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in IBPS Clerk last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the IBPS Clerk Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for IBPS Clerk Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!