Current Affairs May 13 and 14, 2019
1. Mumbai Indian became the first team in the IPL history to win 4 title.
- Mumbai Indian became the first team in the IPL history to win 4 title in total 12 editions. Earlier Mumbai Indians won in 2013, 2015 and 2017. Chennai Super Kings (CSK) won 3 titles in total 10 editions they have played in the IPL.
- David Warner of Sunrisers Hyderabad got Orange Cap for scoring the highest runs in the IPL in 2019.
- Chennai Super Kings got the Purple Cap for the highest wickets.
2. IPS Officer Chhaya Sharma Receives McCain Institute Award
- IPS officer Chhaya Sharma, who led the investigation team of the infamous Nirbhaya gang-rape and murder case, has been awarded the 2019 McCain Institute Award for Courage and Leadership.
- The award is given to those who show courage on behalf of human rights, humanitarian compassion, justice, freedom, and human dignity.
3. Manchester City Wins Premier League Title 2019.
- Manchester City clinched their fourth Premier League title (football) after winning the 2018-19 season. Manchester City registered a victory against Brighton to accumulate 98 points, while Liverpool, who were also in the title race, finished second with 97 points.
- Dominant Manchester City have successfully retained their Premier League title on the final day of an exhilarating 2018-19 campaign.
4. Non-venomous species of ‘rain snake’ discovered in Mizoram.
- A group of Taxonomists have unearthed a new non-venomous ‘rain loving’ snake species named “SmithophisAtemporalis from Mizoram in North-east India. It was published in the taxonomic journal named Zootaxa. VaradGiri is the lead author of the paper.
- The locals commonly referred to the snake as ‘ruahlawmrul’, a rain-loving snake.
5. Kerala linked Aadhaar to attendance governmentoces.
- Kerala’s Left Democratic Front (LDF) government has made Aadhaar-based attendance mandatory for all governmentoces in the state.
- All government oces are to install Aadhaar-based biometric attendance systems within six months, according to the 6 May order.
- 560,000 ocials, from those in the secretariat to government school staff, will need an Aadhaar number to draw their salaries.
- The RBI proposes to come out with a mobile application to aid visually impaired persons in identifying Indian currency notes.
- At present, banknotes in the denominations of ₹ 10, 20, 50, 100, 200, 500 and 2,000 are in circulation, besides Re 1 notes issued by the Government of India.Mobile application shall provide multi-lingual support as well as audio notications. The m
7. WTO meeting began in Delhi.
- The World Trade Organisation ministerial meeting of developing countries began in New Delhi on 13 May 2.
- The meeting will provide an opportunity for the Ministers to discuss various issues and way forward.16 developing countries and 6 Least Developed Countries, LDCs are participating in the meeting including China, South Africa, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Kazakhstan and Bangladesh.
Crack SBI Clerk 2019
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for SBI Clerk Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in SBI Clerk last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the SBI Clerk Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for SBI Clerk Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!