Current Affairs March 13th, 2018
1. India’s first Coastal Policing Academy in Gujarat:
- India’s first of its kind National Academy of Coastal Policing (NACP) will be functional from April 2018.
- The Academy will train police forces in maritime laws, navigation, weapons handling and survival skills for effectively safeguarding country’s shoreline.
2. 1st Indo-French Knowledge Summit in New Delhi:
- The first edition of the Indo-French Knowledge Summit for university, scientific and technology cooperation was recently held in New Delhi.
- The two days summit was organized by the French Embassy in India to provide common platform for increasing student mobility, enlarging R&D collaboration and link campuses to companies by focusing on employability.
3. Floating Lab set up to monitor Loktak Lake:
- The Institute of Bioresearches and Sustainable Laboratory (IBSD), Imphal has set up a floating laboratory on Loktak lake for monitoring its water quality and find out the measures for improving it.
4. India wins Best Exhibitor Award at ITB-Berlin:
- India has won the Best Exhibitor Award at ITB-Berlin on the last day.
- ITB-Berlin World Tourist Meet was started at Berlin, Germany from 7th March to 10th March 2018.
5. Modi, Macron jointly inaugurates Solar Power Plant In UP:
- Prime Minister NarendraModi and French President Emmanuel Macron jointly inaugurated 101 megawatt solar power plant in Mirzapur district of Uttar Pradesh.
- The largest solar project in the country has been set up by French company ENGIE.
6. Multilateral Air Force exercise “Samvedna” starts:
- Multilateral Air Force exercise “Samvedna” will be held from March 12 to 17, 2018.
- Air Forces of Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, UAE and Myanmar will participate in the exercise.
7. Russia successfully launches Kinzhal missile:
- Russia successfully launched high precision aeroballisticKinzhal hypersonic missile from MiG-31 supersonic interceptor jet.
- The word Kinzhal means double-edged Russian dagger.
- It can strike without entering enemy’s air defence zone.
8. India B wins Deodhar Trophy 2018:
- India B team has won the 45th edition of Deodhar Trophy 2018 by defeating Karnataka in the final match by 6 wickets.
- Deodhar Trophy is named after Prof. DB Deodhar, known as the Grand Old Man of the Indian Cricket.
9. John Sulston passes away:
- Genome pioneer Sir John Sulston has passed away at the age of 75.
- He got Nobel Prize in 2002 for doing innovations in cancer research.
Crack Railways Exam 2018
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for Railways Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in Railways Exam last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the Railways Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for Railways Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!