Current Affairs March 13, 2019
- Shri Aditya Kumar Misra has been appointed as the new Chairman of the Agricultural Scientific Recruitment Board (ASRB), as per sources.
- Aditya Kumar Misra, who is a veterinary scientist specializing in economically significant diseases of goat is the acting Vice Chancellor of the GB Pant University of Agriculture & Technology.
- The former chairman Gurbachan Singh took voluntary retirement in May 2017, has been working without a chairman since then.
- Dipa Karmakar, who became the first Indian female gymnast to win a bronze medal at the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, was recently honoured by Barbie for “breaking boundaries to inspire” the next generation girls.
- Karmakar was immortalised with a doll wearing a red leotard along with a bronze medal.
- The doll brand, which was launched in 1959, has transformed from featuring “pretty” dolls to Barbie being a surgeon, a news anchor, an astronaut and a president among other roles.
- Olympic cycling medalist Kelly Catlin died in her dorm at Stanford University, an abrupt end to the 23-year-old's accolade-filled life.
- Kelly Catlin was most known as being a member of the U.S. women's pursuit team that earned a silver medal during the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro.
- A distinguished Scientist and Director of physics group of the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Dr AK Mohanty took over as BARK Director.
- He took over from the charge from Chairman, Atomic Energy Commission and Secretary to the Government of India Mr NK Vyas.
- While taking over as Director-BARC, Dr Mohanty has expressed gratitude towards his predecessors in Physics Group who have helped him in understanding finer nuances of low and high energy nuclear physics.
- The Japanese government announced a donation of some Rs 22 lakh ($31,800) to the Rabindra Bharati Museum here in a bid to strengthen historical and cultural ties with India.
- Tagore, Asia's first Nobel Prize recipient, visited Japan in 1916, 1924 and 1929, renewing relations between the countries as India's leading cultural ambassador.
- Japan Currency- Japanese Yen, Capital- Tokyo
- After having cut down on imports of weapons and military equipment, India has dropped down to be the second largest importer of weapons.
- The five biggest exporters in five-year block period 2011-2015 were the US, Russia, France, Germany and China.
- Last year (for the period 2013-17), India accounted for 13 per cent of all imports and was the world’s largest importer.
- Joining an ever-growing list of countries, India has decided to ban Boeing 737 MAX 8 planes following the Ethiopian Airlines crash that killed 157 people
- Current Indian airlines that operate these aircraft are SpiceJet that has twelve of these planes in its fleet and Jet Airways that has five.
- These planes will be grounded till appropriate modifications and safety measures are undertaken to ensure their safe operations.
CRACK SBI PO 2019
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for SBI PO Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in SBI PO last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the SBI PO Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for SBI PO Exam to guide you through your preparations.Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!