Current Affairs March 12, 2019
1. Govt Approves A National Mission On E-Mobility To Boost EV Manufacturing
- The Centre formed the National Mission on Transformative Mobility and Battery Storage for a Phased Manufacturing Program (PMP), aimed at localising the production of electric vehicles (EV) and its components within the country.
- The announcement comes less than a week after the Indian government launched the FAME II scheme to boost the adoption of clean energy vehicles.
- The CEO of government think-tank NITI Aayog, Amitabh Kant, has been appointed to lead the Inter-Ministerial Steering Committee of the mission who will recommend and drive the strategies for transformative mobility in India.
2. Centre allows state governments to put enemy properties to 'public use'
- The Centre has allowed state governments to put to "public use" some enemy properties that were left behind by people who migrated to Pakistan since the Partition and to China after the 1962 Sino-Indian war.
- The move comes amid the central government's efforts to sell more than 9,400 enemy properties, worth over Rs 1 lakh crore, and Rs 3,000 crore worth of enemy shares.
- "The estimated value of all enemy properties is approximately Rs 1 lakh crore," Union Minister of State for Home Hansraj Gangaram Ahir had told the Rajya Sabha last year.
3. UN-founded University For Peace Confers Honorary Doctorate On Vice President Venkaiah Naidu
- Vice President Venkaiah Naidu conferred with an Honorary Doctorate by the University for Peace founded by the United Nations Organisations (UNO) for his contribution "to the Rule of Law, democracy and sustainable development in India".
- He received the degree of "Doctor Honoris Causa" from the Dean of the University for Peace in Costa Rica .
- The University of Peace aims to be a forward-thinking, transformational and inspirational educational institution dedicated to the goals of quality teaching, research and service for serving humanity in building a peaceful world.
4. Madhya Pradesh Governor passes ordinance to increase OBC quota
- Madhya Pradesh Governor Anandiben Patel has approved an ordinance to increase reservation for Other Backward Classes (OBCs) from 14 per cent to 27 per cent.
- The Chief Minister had also assured that 10 per cent reservation for the economically weaker section in the general category will also be implemented in the state.
- State Minister for Law and Legal Affairs P C Sharma has announced the ordinance.The ordinance got its approval just before Lok Sabha election model code of conduct picks on.
5. 116-year-old Japanese woman honored as world's oldest person alive by Guinness World Records
- A 116-year-old Japanese woman who loves playing the board game Othello is being honored as the world's oldest living person by Guinness World Records.
- Tanaka was born January 2, 1903, the seventh among eight children. She married Hideo Tanaka in 1922, and they had four children and adopted another child.
- The previous oldest living person was another Japanese woman, Chiyo Miyako, who died in July at age 117.
6. India, Bangladesh Jointly Inaugurate 4 Projects
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Bangladesh counterpart Sheikh Hasina jointly inaugurated four projects, via video conferencing, in the areas of transport, health and education.
- Both leaders unveiled “e-plaques” for the supply of buses and trucks, inaugurated 36 community clinics, 11 water treatment plants and the extension of the National Knowledge Network to Bangladesh.
- In the years ahead, Prime Minister Modi visualised a fully-integrated neighbourhood in which transport and energy links are restored or built anew to permit easy movement of goods, services and people.
7. PINAKA guided weapons system successfully test fired
- Defence Research and Development organisation, DRD0 successfully test fired the PINAKA guided WEAPON rocket system from Pokhran range in Rajasthan.
- The weapon system is equipped with state-of-the-art guidance kit comprising of an advanced navigation and control system.
- The indigenously developed Guided PINAKA by DRDO will significantly boost the capability of the artillery to make precision hi
CRACK SBI PO 2019
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for SBI PO Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in SBI PO last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the SBI PO Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for SBI PO Exam to guide you through your preparations.Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!