Current Affairs March 11th and 12th, 2018
- Prime Minister NarendraModi has inaugurated National Legislators Conferencein New Delhi.
- The aim of the conference was to bring MPs and MLAs on a single platform so that they could exchange the ideas of development on a single platform.
- The theme for the conference was- “We For Development”.
- A five judge Constitutional Bench of Supreme Court led by CJI DipakMisra has given a ruling that allowed passive euthanasia and right to give advance medical directives or living wills.
- The apex court has stated that an individual has the right to die with dignity as a part of fundamental right under article 21.
- Commerce and Industry Minister Suresh Prabhu has been given the additional charge as the Minister of Civil Aviation.
- This has happened after Ashok GajapathiRaju has resigned from the Ministry.
- The International Solar Alliance (ISA), Asian Development Bank (ADB), African Development Bank (AfDB), Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), New Development Bank (NDB) and Green Climate Funds (GCF) have signed a Joint Financial Partnership Declaration in New Delhi.
- The objective of this joint declaration is to enhance their cooperation for supporting renewable energy.
- Rajasthan Assembly has passed Criminal Laws (Rajasthan Amendment) Bill, 2018 to add provisions providing death sentence to those convicted for raping girls of 12 years of below.
- With this, Rajasthan has become second state in the country after Madhya Pradesh for making such provisions.
- 11 countries belonging to Pacific Rim have formally entered into Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CP TPP of TPP 11) in Santiago, Chile.
- US withdrew from it earlier.
- TPP 11 countries are- Austria, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Japan, Malaysia, Mixico, New Zealand, Peru, Singapore and Vietnam.
- It will be the world’s third largest trade bloc after European Union (EU) and North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).
- 25 years old Prakriti has become the first woman to be directly inducted as a combat officer in the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP).
- The Reserve Bank of India has imposed a fine of Rs 5 crore on the Airtel Payments Bank for breaching the Know Your Customer (KYC) norms.
- This happened after RBI found it guilty of opening the accounts of subscribers without their consent.
- Prince Charles of Britain has appointed Indian-origin steel businessman Sanjeev Gupta as an official ambassador for the Industrial Cadets Program designed to enhance the manufacturing skills.
- Mr. Gupta will be involved in a program that will give children and young people direct experience of the industry while still in school or college.
- The National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) has celebrated its 33rd Inception Day on 11th March 2018.
- “Citizen Services” mobile application was released on this occasion.
- NCRB is a nodal agency under Union Home Ministry that provides authentic source of data on crime.
- Wings India 2018, a biennial event on Civil Aviation and Aerospace has been inaugurated in Telangana.
- The event was jointly organized by the Civil Aviation Ministry, Airports Authority of India and Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry.
- China’s Parliament has abolished the two-term limit for the President thus allowing Xi Jinping to remain as the country’s Premier for life.
- Veteran actor AmolPalekar has received the Godavari Gaurav Award, instituted by KusumagrajPrathisthan.
- President Ram NathKovind has received the first copy of the book- “Fulfilling Bapu’s Dreams- PM Modi’s tribute to Gandhiji” from SadhguruJaggiVasudev, who released it at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- Australia has won the 27th edition of the Sultan Azlan Shah Cup in Malaysia by defeating defending champion England by 2-1.
- Australia has won the tournament for the record 10th time.
Crack Railways Exam 2018
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for Railways Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in Railways Exam last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the Railways Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for Railways Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!