Current Affairs March 10 and 11, 2019
1. India launches 3rd IT corridor in China
- India has launched its third IT corridor in China that will facilitate partnerships between Indian and Chinese companies.
- The National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) entered into a partnership with China's Xuzhou city from Jiangsu Province in China to help develop the IT corridor.
- The primary aim of this IT corridor will be to facilitate partnerships between Indian and Chinese companiesIndia launches 3rd IT corridor in China.
2. India Bags First Prize at The International ‘Golden City Gate Tourism Awards 2019’
- India Bags First Prize at The International ‘Golden City Gate Tourism Awards 2019’ In ‘TV Cinema Spot’ Category at ITB
- The Ministry of Tourism, Government of India has won the First Prize in the category of TV Cinema Spot at the prestigious international Golden City Gate Tourism Awards 2019.
- The Golden City Gate Tourism Multi-media Awards are given annually in various categories related to the Tourism and Hospitality sectors. The ‘Golden City Gate’ is a creative multi-media international competition for countries, cities, regions and hotels.
3. India, ASEAN clock fastest growth for e-commerce, digital trade sectors
- India and 10-member ASEAN are among the fastest growing economies in the world with even faster growth rates for e-commerce and digital trade sectors.
- By 2021, global e-commerce sales are expected to reach 4.5 trillion dollars, up from 1.3 trillion dollars in 2014.
- The e-commerce market in India is estimated to reach 165.5 billion dollars by 2025 while the ASEAN is estimated to reach a volume of 90 billion dollars.
4. Acko Awarded the Coveted Golden Peacock Award for Innovative Product
- ACKO General Insurance a new-age digital insurance company, was awarded the coveted Golden Peacock Innovative Product Award – 2019, for their contextual micro insurance product -“Ola Ride Insurance”.
- Established by the Institute of Directors, India in 1991, The Golden Peacock Awards for Corporate Leadership and Excellence are now regarded as a benchmark of business excellence, both locally and globally.
- The Golden Peacock Innovative Product/Service Award is designed to encourage systemic innovation in an organization to develop products and services that are aligned with the current market demands.
5. Manpreet Vohra appointed as the next India's Ambassador to Maxico
- Manpreet Vohra, presently Additional Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) here, has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Mexico.
- Mexico-Capital – Mexico City,Currency – Mexican peso
6. Marayur jaggery finally gets Geographical Indication tag
- The Marayur jaggery has finally got the geographical indication (GI) tag, making it safe for consumption while rejuvenating the traditional way of production and ensuring a safe market in future.
- It has been a long-term demand of farmers in Marayur and Kanthallur grama panchayats, where jaggery is produced without adding any chemicals.
- It has high sweetness with less saltiness, high content of iron and less sodium.
7. Government achieves 87 per cent of 8 crore free LPG connections target
- The governmentgave out the 7-croreth free cooking gas (LPG) connection as the scheme to make available cleaner fuel in every household kitchens runs ahead of schedule.
- PMUY was launched on May 1, 2016, with a target to give 5 crore connections to women member of poor households by March 2019.
- Under the scheme, the government provides a subsidy of Rs 1,600 to state-owned fuel retailers for every free LPG gas connection that they give to poor households.
8. PM Modi Inaugurates Pt Deendayal Upadhyaya Institute of Archaeology at Greater Noida
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates the Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya Institute of Archaeology, at Greater Noida.
- Archaeological Survey of India (ASI), under the Ministry of Culture, is the premier organization for the archaeological researches and protection of the cultural heritage in India.
- The state-of-the-art institute, built at an estimated cost of Rs. 289 crore is spreadover 25 acres.
9. CII releases roadmap for 8% growth in coming years
- Industry lobby CIIreleased a ‘Suggested Election Manifesto’ for political parties to achieve an average growth rate of 8 per cent per annum in the next five years.
- It covers a range of subjects including agriculture, education, health, infrastructure, manufacturing, technology as well as environment.
- The CIIhas shared the manifesto with all the major political parties, national and regional, for their consideration and inclusion in their party manifesto.
CRACK SBI PO 2019
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for SBI PO Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in SBI PO last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the SBI PO Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for SBI PO Exam to guide you through your preparations.Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!