Current Affairs July 04, 2018
- With an aim to expand the application of DNA based forensic technologies to support and strengthen the justice delivery system of the country, the Union Cabinet chaired by Prime MinisterNarendra Modi has approved The DNA Technology (Use and Application) Regulation Bill 2018.
- The Bill seeks to ensure that with the proposed expanded use of this technology in the country, there is also the assurance that the DNA test results are reliable.
- The data will also remain protected from misuse or abuse in terms of the privacy rights of our citizens.
- With an aim to enhance cooperation between India and United Kingdom regarding cooperation between both countries in the sphere of Law & Justice, The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
- A Joint Consultative Committee will also be set up under the MoU.
- The MoU will take care of the concerns and requirements in the field of exchange of experience by legal professionals and Government functionaries.
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the extension of the scheme of recapitalization of Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) for the next three years i.e. up to 2019-20.
- This decision will enable the RRBs to maintain the minimum prescribed Capital to Risk Weighted Assets Ratio (CRAR) of 9 per cent.
- This will enable them to play a greater role in financial inclusion and meeting the credit requirements of rural areas.
- Agartala Airport in Tripura will be renamed as ‘Maharaja Bir Bikram Manikya Kishore Airport.
- The approval was given by the Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi
- The decision comes in the wake of the long pending demand of people of Tripura as well as the Tripura Government for paying tribute to Maharaja Bir Bikram Manikya Kishore.
- The Chhattisgarh Government is going to set up a tribal Museum which will be named after Shaheed Veer Narayan Singh, a freedom fighter who participated in the revolt of 1857.
- The museum will be dedicated to the culture and tradition of the scheduled tribes.
- The Government of Haryana will host the world union of Wholesale Markets Conference at Gurugram in October 2018.
- The conference, organised by Haryana State Agriculture Marketing Board, aims to provide common unified structure of mandis all across the world.
CRACK SBI PO 2019
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for SBI PO Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in SBI PO last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the SBI PO Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for SBI PO Exam to guide you through your preparations.Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!