Current Affairs January 25, 2019
1. India to remain fastest-growing economy in 2019, 2020
- India will continue to remain the world's fastest-growing large economy in 2019 as well as in 2020, much headed in china.
- According to the UN's World Economic Situation and Prospects (WESP) 2019, India's GDP growth is expected to accelerate to 7.6 per cent in 2019-20 from an estimated 7.4 per cent in the current fiscal ending March 2019.
- In the case of China, the growth is estimated to decelerate to 6.3 per cent in 2019 from 6.6 per cent in 2018. It may further go down to 6.2 per cent in 2020.
2. Telangana to set up 'Save Tiger Protection Force'
- The Telangana government has decided to form a 'State Tiger Protection Force' to save the Big Cat population in the State.
- The State Forest Protection Committee headed by Chief Secretary S K Joshi took the decision to form the STPF at its meeting
- The 112-member-armed STPF will be headed by an Assistant Conservator of Forests to protect tiger population in Amarabad and Kawal Tiger Reserves.
3. World's longest 3D printed concrete bridge opened in china
- 3D printing technology is being used in construction and world's largest 3D-printed concrete bridge was recently completed in Shanghai.
- The Bridge is designed by Professor Xy Weiguo from Tsinghua University in China.
- The concrete units for the bridge were printed by two robotic arms, which took about 19 days time.
4. 9th National Voters’ Day to be celebrated across country on 25 January
- The 9th National Voters’ Day will be celebrated across the country for enhanced participation of citizens in the electoral process.
- The National Awards for the Best Electoral Practices will be conferred on Officers for their outstanding performance in the conduct of elections.
- President Ram Nath Kovind will be the Chief Guest at the main function being organized by Election Commission in New Delhi.
5. Ravneet Gill to replace Rana Kapoor as YES Bank MD & CEO
- YES Bank has appointed Deutsche Bank’s Ravneet Singh Gill as its MD and CEO, who will succeed Rana Kapoor.
- Gill, who is the CEO of Deutsche Bank’s India operations, will join the private lender on or before March 1, 2019. As the news became public, the stock shot up by over 14 per cent.
- YES Bank had time till February 1 to announce a successor to Kapoor, whose term ends on January 31.
6. Virat Kohli wins all major awards at ICC Awards 2018, fans cheer with hilarious memes
- Virat Kohli bagged all the major laurels during the ICC Awards 2018 that were declared by becoming the first to win the International Cricket Council’s (ICC) cricketer, test and one-day international (ODI) player of the year awards.
- Kohli became the first player in history to win the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for ICC Cricketer of the Year, the ICC Men’s Test Player of the Year and the ICC ODI Player of the Year awards following an extraordinary 2018.
- He also became the fastest to reach the milestone of 10,000 runs in the format.
7. National Girl Child Day being observed on 24 January
- National Girl Child Day is being observedon 24 January.
- The theme this year is 'Empowering Girls for a Brighter Tomorrow'.
- The Women and Child Development Ministry has organised an event in Delhi to observe the anniversary of 'Beti Bachao Beti Padhao' scheme. Women and Child Development Minister Maneka Gandhi will be the Chief Guest.
Crack IBPS SO Mains 2017
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for IBPS SO Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in IBPS SO last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the IBPS SO Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for IBPS SO Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!