Current Affairs January 07 & 08, 2018
- Three central ministries have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for a technology mission for Indian Railways and academic and research institutions.
- Ministry of Railways, HRD and Science and Technology have come together to provide world class technologies to the national transporter.
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) is going to launch two missions- GOLD and ICON in 2018.
- The Global-scale Observation of the Limb and Disk (GOLD) mission and Ionospheric Connection Explorer (ICON) will explore the ionosphere located 90 km above the earth’s surface.
- The 26th edition of the World Book Fair was recently organized by the National Book Trust (NBT) in association of India Trade Promotion Organisation in New Delhi.
- This year’s theme is “Environment and Climate Change”.
- European Union was the Guest of Honour Country this year.
- A week long International Kite festival has been launched at Ahmedabad in Gujarat.
- 149 kite fliers from 44 countries will participate this year.
- More than 96 kite fliers from 18 states and 290 from Gujarat will also participate in the mega event.
- Jai Ram Thakur, Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh has announced to set up a 24*7 ‘Gudia’ helpline for the safety of Women.
- The Chief Minister’s Office (CMO) will directly supervise the helpline service and action will be taken mandatorily within 48 hours.
- With an aim to provide socio-economic security to the workers of unorganized sectors, the Jammu and Kashmir Government has decided to launch ‘Muhafiz’ (Guardian) scheme.
- Around 3 lakh workers will be provided accidental, life and disability insurance apart from educational scholarships to their children under the scheme.
- Haryana Government has announced to provide power subsidy at Rs 2 per unit to the micro and small industries.
- The facility will be given to the industries situated in C and D category blocks in terms of industrialization for 3 years from the date of release of power connection.
- Gilles Simon from France has won the 1st edition of the Tata Open Maharashtra Tennis Trophy.
- In the final, he has defeated Kevin Anderson.
- Baldev Raj, Director of the National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS), has passed away in Pune.
- The Padme Shri awardee was 71 years of age.
- He was also the recipient of the Life Time Achievement Award of the Indian Nuclear Society.
Crack Railways Exam 2018
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for Railways Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in Railways Exam last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the Railways Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for Railways Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!