Current Affairs January 05 & 06, 2018
- As a part of Swachh Bharat Mission, the Government has launched the cleanliness survey 2018.
- The survey will rank 500 cities on national level having more than 1 lac population.
- Union Parliamentary Affairs Minister Ananth Kumar will inaugurate the 18th edition of the All India Whips Conference in Udaipur on 8th January.
- The Conference will be attended by the whips of the various political parties.
- The Maharashtra Government is going to form its own international school board in the state.
- The Maharashtra International Education Board will be an autonomous body which will design curriculum for schools and conduct exams.
- West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has unveiled the official emblem of the state government.
- The emblem, which was recently approved by the Centre highlights the Ashoka emblem at the top with the theme-“Biswa Bangla” at the centre.
- UP Education Board will provide support and guidance to the newly established National Examination Board of Nepal in conducting high school and intermediate exams.
- NetajiSubhash Chandra Bose International Airport at Kolkata has become the 5th airport in India to have CAT III landing system.
- Prior to this, the airports of Delhi, Chandigarh, Lucknow and Jaipur have achieved this status.
- The World Day of War Orphans is observed every year on 6th January to enable the world to recognize the plight of war orphans.
- With an aim to facilitate taxpayers to resolve their queries, the Income Tax Department has launched an online chat service on its national website.
- The module can also be accessed through a mobile app called ‘AayakarSetu’ on android phones.
- Ravi Menon, an Indian origin banker in Singapore has been named as the best central bank governor in Asia Pacific for 2018.
- The India Energy Storage Alliance (IESA) is going to organize India’s first start up competition with focus on energy storage, electric vehicles and charging infrastructure.
- Telangana Urban Development Minister KT Rama Rao has inaugurated India’s first park for differently abled people in Hyderabad.
- The park will have a speech therapist, a physiotherapist and a vocational training instructor for differently abled children.
- Reserve Bank of India has given green signal to Telangana Industrial Health Clinic Ltd. (TIHCL) to function as a non-banking finance company (NBFC).
- It will be the first state promoted and co-financing NBFC.
- TS Tirumurti has been appointed as the economic relations secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs.
- He will succeed Vijay KeshavGokhale.
Crack Railways Exam 2018
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for Railways Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in Railways Exam last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the Railways Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for Railways Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!