Current Affairs January 03 & 04, 2018
- RajyaSabha has recently passed the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (Amendment) Bill, 2017. LokSabha has already passed the bill in August 2017.
- The Bill seeks to amend the existing NABARD Act, 1981 by allowing Union Government to increase the capital of NABARD from Rs.5000 crore to Rs.30,000 crore.
- The bill also states that Government must hold at least 51% capital share of NABARD.
- With an aim to bring transparency in the election funding, the Government has unveiled the new electoral bonds that the donors can buy from SBI and the concerned political party can receive money through a designated bank account.
- These bonds will be available at the specified branches of SBI for 10 days each in the months of January, April, July and October.
- It has made India the first country in the world to bring such unique bonds for the electoral funding.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has given approval to implement JalMargVikas Project which aims to enhance the navigational capacity on 1380 km Haldia-Varanasi stretch of National Waterway-1 on Ganga River.
- The project, supported by the World Bank is expected to be completed by March, 2023.
- Under the PradhanMantriSwasthyaSurakshaYojna (PMSSY), The Union Cabinet has given approval to establish a new All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) at Bilaspur district of Himachal Pradesh.
- PMSSY was launched in 2003 with an aim to correct regional imbalances in the availability of affordable and reliable tertiary healthcare services apart from providing quality medical education in the country.
- China has successfully developed an underwater surveillance network to help its submarines get stronger and accurate hold on the targets.
- The project is a part of China’s military expansion in the world’s oceans apart from protecting its interests along the maritime silk-road which also includes Indian Ocean.
- Former RAW Chief RajinderKhanna has been appointed as the Deputy National Security Advisor by the Appointment Committee of the Cabinet (ACC).
- The 1978 batch Officer will assist the National Security Advisor AjitDoval.
- Renowned Carnatic singer RadhaVishwanathan has passed away at the age of 83.
- She was the daughter of the legendary musician M.S. Subbulakshmi.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has given approval for the construction and maintenance of 2-lane bi-directional Zojila Tunnel on Srinagar-Leh stretch.
- The strategically important tunnel will provide all-weather connectivity to important Leh region.
- On completion, it will be Asia’s largest 2-lane bi-directional tunnel.
- The Union Cabinet has given approval to the agreement on Land Border Crossing between India and Myanmar.
- The agreement will allow the convenient movement of people across the border of both the countries.
- The agreement will give a boost to the economy of the north eastern states as it will facilitate connectivity and enhanced interaction of the people of North Eastern states with Myanmar.
- World Braille Day is celebrated every year on 4th January to commemorate the birth anniversary of Louis Braille, the person who invented Braille script forhelping blind and visually impaired people to read and write.
- The Union Government has granted the Open Defecation Free (ODF) status to Hyderabad under the Swachh Bharat Mission.
- Hyderabad has achieved this status after its Municipal Corporation has constructed 98 public toilets, including 24 toilets for women.
- The World Health Organisation (WHO) has given its pre-qualification to Typhoid Vaccine developed by Hyderabad based Bharat Biotech for global use.
- Typbar Typhoid Conjugate Vaccine (TVC) is the world’s first typhoid vaccine clinically proven to be administered to children belonging to the age group of 6 months.
- Pakistan has successfully test fired its indigenously built cruise missile ‘Harba’.
- The missile, which has been inducted in the Pakistan Navy, is capable of hitting its target from surface to surface.
Crack IBPS Clerk Mains 2017
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for IBPS Clerk Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in IBPS Clerk last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the IBPS Clerk Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for IBPS Clerk Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!