Current Affairs January 02, 2018
- An online portal NARI has been inaugurated by the Women and Child Development Ministry to promote women empowerment.
- The portal, apart from providing easy access to online applications and grievance redressal will also emphasize upon nutritional tips, health check-up suggestions, tips for job search and information on crime against women.
- GAIL India Ltd has commissioned India’s second largest rooftop solar power plant in Uttar Pradesh.
- The 5.76 MW solar plant has been installed at GAIL’s petrochemical complex at Pata in UP.
- India’s largest rooftop solar plant was commissioned at Amritsar in 2015.
- Under the Swachh Bharat Mission, Arunachal Pradesh has been declared as Open Defecation Free (ODF) state.
- With this, it has become the second north-eastern after Sikkim and overall 5th state after Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, Sikkim and Haryana to be declared an ODF state.
- With an aim to increase their revenues, Saudi Arabia and UAE have recently introduced Value Added Tax.
- With this, the two have become the only countries in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) to introduce VAT.
- The other 4 members of GCC- Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman and Qatar have also committed to introduce VAT till 2019.
- With an aim to explore the sun’s outer atmosphere, NASA is going to launch ‘Parker Solar Probe’ in the honor of renowned astrophysicist Eugene Parker.
- This is for the first time NASA has named a spacecraft after a living person.
- It will be NASA’s first mission to the sun and its outermost atmosphere corona.
- India’s largest public sector lender SBI has bring down its base rate by 30 basis points.
- With this, the base rate becomes 8.65% for existing customers from 8.95%.
- This will come into effect from 2nd January 2018.
- Salil Parekh has been appointed as the new Chief Executive Officer of the leading IT firm Infosys.
Crack IBPS Clerk Mains 2017
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for IBPS Clerk Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in IBPS Clerk last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the IBPS Clerk Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for IBPS Clerk Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!