Current Affairs January 01, 2018
- Under the “Agreement on the Prohibition of Attack against Nuclear Installations”, India and Pakistan have exchanged the list of their nuclear installations and facilities.
- This is the 27th consecutive exchange of the list between the two countries after the first list was exchanged in 1992.
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has announced to launch 31 satellites in a single mission on 10th January 2018.
- These satellites, including Cartosat-2 series will be launched by PSLV-C40 from Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh.
- Vidarbha Cricket Team has won its first Ranji Trophy Title.
- It has defeated Delhi in the final match of the 2017 Ranji Trophy Tournament.
- Global family Day is celebrated each year on 1st January.
- Kolkata based Bandhan Bank has has approached the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) for its Initial Public Offer (IPO) to raise an estimated amount of over Rs.2,500crore.
- Allahabad Bank has signed an agreement with National e-Governance Services Ltd (NeSL) for utilizing its Information Utility Services under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016.
- US based KKR & Company has received approval from RBI to become the first foreign investor to fully own an Asset Reconstruction Company (ARC) in India.
- With an aim to acquire skills related to Ayurveda and Yoga, the Madrasas in Uttarakhand are planning to teach Sanskrit to the students.
- Sanskrit is the second official language in Uttarakhand.
- Turkey and Russia have signed a loan agreement worth $2.5 billion in which Russia will provide four batteries of S-400 surface to air missile system and Turkey in turn will pay 45% of the cost up front with Moscow.
- Senior IPS officer Om Prakash Singh has been appointed as the new Director General of Police in Uttar Pradesh.
- He will succeed the incumbent Sulkhan Singh.
- Pankaj Jain, a 1990 batch IAS officer has recently assumed the charge of Managing Director in the India Infrastructure Finance Company Ltd (IIFCL).
- IIFCL is a state owned company which focuses on infrastructure financing and development.
- PratibhaLaxmanGai, an acclaimed expert on electron microscopy has been selected for Damehood, leading a number of people of Indian-origin in the Queen’s New Year’s Honor List of 2018.
- She has been honored for services to chemical science and technology.
- Damehood is the female counterpart of Knighthood.
- KavithaBharanidaran has created a new Guinness World Record by performing yoga continuously for over 105 years.
- He has broken the previous record of 103 hours.
- Indian golfer Shiv Kapoorhas won the Royal Cup, claiming his third Asian Tour Title of 2017.
- He has won the European Challenge Tour twice and is the only Indian who has won three times on Asian Tour.
- Renowned educationist and Padma Bhushan M V Pylee passed away at the age of 98.
Crack IBPS SO Mains 2017
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for IBPS SO Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in IBPS SO last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the IBPS SO Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for IBPS SO Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!