Current Affairs February 09 & 10, 2018
1. Government to change the MSME classification criteria:
- The Union Cabinet has given approval to amend Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development (MSMED) Act, 2006 for classifying MSMEs.
- According to the new classification:
- Micro enterprise- Annual turnover does not exceed Rs 5 crore.
- Small enterprise- Annual turnover is more than Rs 5 crore but should not exceed Rs 75 crore.
- Medium enterprise- Annual turnover is more than Rs 75 crore but should not exceed Rs 250 crore.
2. Government to launch National Women Entrepreneurship Council:
- The Union Ministry of Women and Child Development is going to establish National Women Entrepreneurship Council (NWEC).
- It will help to improve socio-economic gender parity, financial inclusion and economic empowerment of women in India and to promote entrepreneurship among them.
3. Cabinet approval for PM Research Fellows Scheme:
- Union Cabinet has given approval to implement Prime Minister’s Research Fellows (PMRF) scheme for doctoral students pursuing research in technology related areas.
- With an aim to enhance the development of technology and innovation in the country, the scheme will be implemented for a period of seven years at the cost of Rs 1650 crore.
4. Government launches National Deworming Initiative:
- On the occasion of National Deworming Day (10th Feb), the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has launched National Deworming Initiative.
- It aims to cover more than 32.2 crore children aged between 1 to 19 years to fight parasitic worm infections.
5. AbhilashaKumari- First Woman Chief Justice of Manipur High Court:
- AbhilashaKumari has been sworn in as the Chief Justice of Manipur High Court.
- Governor of Manipur NajmaHeptulla administered oath to her.
- With this, she has become the first woman Chief Justice of Manipur High Court.
6. Prince Charles launches Education Impact Bond for India:
- Celebrating the 10th anniversary of British Asian Trust (BAT), Prince Charles of Britain has launched a new $ 10 Million Development Impact Bond (DIB) for improving the education for over 200,000 children in India.
- DIB is the latest fund raising initiative by BAT which was established 10 years ago to fight poverty in South Asia.
7. CCEA approval to hike MSP for Copra:
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has given approval to increase Minimum Support Price (MSP) for Fair Average Quality (FAQ) of “Milling Copra” for 2018 season.
- The approval has been given on the recommendations of Commission for Agricultural Costs and Prices (CACP).
8. India ranks 44in US Chamber’s Intellectual Property Index:
- India has been ranked 44th out of 50 countries in the Intellectual Property Index released by US Chamber of Commerce.
- US has secured the top position on the list followed by UK and Sweden.
9. VinaySheelOberoi Committee constituted to expedite capital acquisition:
- The Union Ministry of Defence has constituted 13 member Raksha Mantri Advisory Committee on Ministry of Defence Capital Projects (RMCOMP).
- The committee headed by VinaySheelOberoi, will monitor and expedite capital acquisition projects for modernization of armed forces.
10. Government launches ASH TRACK mobile app for Fly Ash Mangement:
- The Union Ministry of Power has launched the web based monitoring system and Fly Ash mobile application named ASH TRACK.
- The app will enable better management of fly ash produced by thermal power plants by establishing interface between ash producers and potential ash users such as cement plants etc.
11. Prithvi-II missile successfully test fired:
- Indigenously developed nuclear capable surface to surface Prithvi II missile was successfully test fired from Odisha.
12. Integrated Automatic Aviation Meteorological Systems inaugurated at INS Garuda:
- The Indian Navy has unveiled the Integrated Automatic Aviation Meteorological Systems (IAAMS) at INS Garuda, naval air station located at Kochi, Kerala.
- IAAMS is an ambitious project of Indian Navy to modernize Meteorological infrastructure of 9 naval air stations to bring accuracy in weather monitoring system.
13. China commissions J-20:
- China’s People’s Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF) has commissioned its new generation J-20 fourth generation stealth fighter into combat service.
- With this, China has become second country in the world to commission domestically developed stealth aircraft after US.
14. Saudi Arabia temporarily bans poultry imports from India:
- Saudi Arabia has temporarily banned imports of live birds, hatching eggs and chicks from India after a form of bird flu that is highly lethal for poultry was found in South Asian Countries.
15. Internet pioneer John Perry Barlow passes away:
- John Perry Barlow, the founder of Electronic Frontier Foundation has passed away at the age of 89.
IMPORTANT LINKS FOR SBI CLERK PREPARATION
Crack SBI Clerk 2018
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for SBI Clerk Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in SBI Clerk last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the SBI Clerk Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for SBI Clerk Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!