Current Affairs February 02 & 03, 2018
1. Government launches KUSUM scheme for solar farming:
- With an aim to promote solar farming, the Union Government has launched Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthaan Mahaabhiyan (KUSUM) Scheme.
- Rs. 48,000 crore has been allocated by the Union Budget 2018-19 for the scheme.
- The scheme includes building 10,000 MW solar plants on barren lands and providing 1.75 million off-grid agricultural solar pumps.
2. 7th Energy Congress in New Delhi:
- The 7th edition of the Energy Congress was held in New Delhi.
- The theme for the congress was- Energy 4.0- “Energy Transition towards 20130”.
3. PM launches Khelo India School Games:
- Under the Khelo India Programme, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the first session Khelo India School Games (KISG) at Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium in New Delhi.
- The aim is to highlight and showcase India’s young sporting talent and sports potential.
4. 32nd Surajkund International Crafts Mela:
- The 32nd edition of the Surajkund International Crafts Mela was recently inaugurated by Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Yogi Adityanath in Faridabad, Haryana.
- Uttar Pradesh is the theme state whereas Kyrgyzstan is the partner country this year.
5. 2nd February- World Wetlands Day:
- World Wetlands Day is celebrated every year on 2nd February to mark the adoption of Ramsar Convention on Wetlands in 1971.
- This year’s theme is- “Wetlands for a Sustainable Urban Future”.
6. N Chandrashekaran Task Force constituted for AI Application in Military:
- The Defence Ministy has constituted a task force to study the use and application of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Military.
- The 17-membered task force is headed by Tata Sons Chairman N Chandrasekaran.
7. PAN mandatory for all transactions over Rs. 2.5 lakh:
- The Union Government has made Permanent Account Number (PAN) mandatory for those entity conducting financial transactions of Rs.2.5 lakh or more.
8. India joins Ashgabat Agreement:
- With an aim to diversify its connectivity options with Central Asia to enhance the trade relations in this region, India has joined the Ashgabat Agreement.
- The Agreement which was signed in 2011, aims to establish an International Transport and Transit Corridor between Iran, Oman, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.
9. UAE launches World’s longest Zip Line:
- The United Arab Emirates has registered itself in the Guinness Book of World Records by opening the world’s longest Zip Line, measuring 2.83 km in length.
10. IWAI signs agreement with World Bank for Jal Marg Vikas Project:
- Inland waterways Authority of India (IWAI) has signed an agreement with World Bank for Jal Marg Vikas Project (JMVP) for capacity augmentation of navigation on River Ganga.
- The project aims to develop waterway between Varanasi and Haldia on Ganga River covering a distance of 1620 km by March, 2023.
11. Gender-neutral National Anthem in Canada:
- The Parliament of Canada has passed a bill to modify the Country’s National Anthem to make it gender-neutral.
- The words “thy sons command” in the anthem will be replaced with “all of us command”.
12. Bhutan becomes second country to open consulate in Guwahati:
- Bhutan has become the second country after Bangladesh to open a consulate in Guwahati.
13. Exam Warrior: PM writes a book for students:
- The cover photo of the book “Exam Warrior” written by Narendra Modi for students undergoing stress and anxiety during the exams has been released on 3rd February.
14. Mary Kom clinches Gold in India Open Boxing:
- Five-time World Champion MC Mary Kom has won Gold Medal in the Indian Open International Boxing Tournament by defeating Josie Gabuco of Philippines.
Crack SBI Clerk 2018
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for SBI Clerk Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in SBI Clerk last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the SBI Clerk Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for SBI Clerk Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!