Current Affairs February 01, 2018
1. India ranks 42nd in Global Democracy Index 2017:
- India has secured 42nd rank among 165 countries on Global Democracy Index 2017.
- The index has been released by Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU).
- Norway has secured top rank followed by Iceland and Sweden.
2. Indian Railways to set up Coach Factory in Maharashtra:
- The Ministry of Railways is going to set up a rail coach factory in Latur district of Maharashtra.
- The aim of this step is to generate employment opportunities and bring economic development in Marathwada region which is one of the most backward region of Maharashtra.
3. 1st Feb-Indian Coast Guard Day:
- The Indian Coast Guard Day is celebrated every year on 1st Feb.
- Coast Guard works under the Ministry of Defence and is responsible for the protection of maritime zones and coastline of India.
4. Government to merge three general insurance companies:
- Union Government is going to merge three public sector general insurance companies as a part of its divestment policy for public sector entities.
- The three companies are: National Insurance Co Ltd, United Insurance India Co Ltd and Oriental India Insurance Company.
5. Odisha wins Geospatial World Excellence Award 2018:
- Odisha Government has won Geospatial World Excellence Award 2018 at the Geospatial World Forum Meeting at Hyderabad for successful IT application for tracking mineral production, dispatch and value accrued on real-time basis through its i3MS web-based software.
6. Maharashtra Government approves Ghodazari Wildlife Sanctuary:
- Maharashtra Government has approved Ghodazari in the Chandrapur district as new wildlife sanctuary in the state.
- The formation of this wildlife sanctuary will help to provide employment opportunities to the youth from 59 villages in the state.
7. Karnataka schools to have lessons on road safety in syllabus:
- Karnataka Government has decided to include lessons on road safety in the school syllabus from the academic year 2019-20.
- The syllabus will cover topics such as violation of traffic rules and punishment, pedestrian safety, emergency contacts during road accidents etc.
8. Dinesh Srivastava becomes Chief Executive of Nuclear Fuel Complex:
- Renowned scientist Dinesh Srivastava has been appointed as the Chief Executive of Nuclear Fuel Complex (NFC).
- He has succeeded G Kalyankrishnan.
9. SheshAnandMadhukarhonoured with SahityaAkademiBhashaSamman award:
- Magahi writer Shesh Anand Madhukar has been honoured with Sahitya Akademi Bhasha Samman award.
- He is the second writer of Magahi language to be given this award.
Crack SBI Clerk 2018
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for SBI Clerk Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in SBI Clerk last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the SBI Clerk Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for SBI Clerk Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!