Current Affairs December 05, 2018
1. The first ever Swadesh Darshan Project in the state of Nagaland to be inaugurated
- Development of Tribal Circuit:Peren-Kohima-Wokha Project” will be inaugurated by the Chief Minister of Nagaland, Shri Neiphiu Rio, in the presence ofUnion Minister of State (I/C) for Tourism.
- This is the first project to be implemented in the state under Swadesh Darshan Scheme of Ministry of Tourism, Government of India.
- Swadesh Darshan scheme is one among the flagship schemes of the Ministry of Tourism for development of thematic circuits in the country in a planned and prioritised manner.
2. Gautam Gambhir Announces Retirement From All Forms Of Cricket
- Indian cricketer Gautam Gambhirannounced his retirement from all forms of cricket. He is a left-handed opening batsman who played domestic cricket for Delhi, and captained Kolkata Knight Riders in the Indian Premier League (IPL).
- The 37-year-old, who represented India in 58 Tests, 147 ODIs and 37 T20Is, made the announcement on social media.
- The aggressive opener was India's top-scorer in the finals of the 2007 World T20 in South Africa and the 2011 ODI World Cup, both of which the country won.
- He made his One Day International (ODI) debut against Bangladesh in 2003, and played his first Test the following year against Australia
3. Indian Navy to conduct 'Exercise sea vigil' next month to test robustness of coastal security apparatus
- The Indian Navy will conduct a large-scale coastal defence exercise next month to test the robustness of the entire coastal security apparatus.
- The 'Exercise sea vigil' will involve all stake holders across mainland and Island territories, and will see the participation of all operational ships, submarines and aircraft as well as units of Indian coast guards
- Theatre level operational readiness exercise 'Tropex' will begin from January and culminate in March, next year.
- Maiden Bilateral Exercises with UAE and Indonesia and Maiden CORPAT with Bangladesh were also commenced this year.
4. Indian Navy Day : 4 December
- Navy day is observed on 4th of December every year to celebrate the achievements, and role of the naval force in protecting and guarding the the country.
- Navy Day is celebrated in memory of the strength and bravery of the Indian Navy who won the Indo-Pak war in 1971.
- It is celebrated using a particular theme each year, like “Safe Seas and Secure Coasts for a strong Nation” because theme based celebration makes this event more powerful and effective occasion.
5. MHA Introduce ‘A Handbook for Students on Cyber Safety’ to Aware Students & Adolescents About Online Crimes & Threats
- In a bid to increase the awareness of cyber crimes and threats, the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has come out with a booklet on cyber safety for school students and teenagers.
- This cybersecurity steps can be accessed online cybercrime .gov. in.
- As per the directions of Supreme court of India, MHA last year set up a Cyber and Information Security Division (C&IS) to check the rapid growth of cyber-crimes and cyber threats.
6. Former international Athlete and businessman jon Ridgeon announced as new IAAF Chief Executive office
- The IAAF announced the appointment of Jon Ridgeon as its new CEO following approval by the IAAF Council on the first day of its 215th Council Meeting in Monaco.
- Ridgeon, 51, has spent his life in sport, starting out as an athlete competing in both the 110m hurdles and 400m hurdles between 1984 and 1996. He is former British record holder and silver medallist in the 110m hurdles in the 1987 World Championships in Rome.
- International Association of Athletics Federation Headquarters in Monaco.
7. Vinesh Phogat, Sakshi Malik win gold at wrestling nationals
- Vinesh Phogat announced her return from injury after a successful day out by grabbing the 57-kilogram title while Sakshi Malik too did not disappoint the crowd as she emerged the champion in the 62 kg on the second day of the Tata Motors Senior Women's National Championship.
- Bagging her sixth National title, Vinesh just conceded two points in five bouts. She had earlier won five Nationals in a row from 2012 to 2016.
- Sakshi began with a walkover from fellow Railways grappler Apoorva and then overwhelmed UP's Pooja Tomar, winning by technical superiority.
8. Delhi government launches common mobility card for buses, metro trains
- The Delhi government launched a common mobility card which can be used by people for travelling in metro trains, DTC and cluster buses.
- The minister along with Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) Managing Director Mangu Singh launched the 'rebranded' common mobility card named 'ONE'.
- The 'ONE' cards with tagline 'One Delhi, One Ride' have a background of cubic grid in bright shades of red and yellow. It will also have a circular unit with sketches of metro trains, DTC buses, auto rickshaws and monuments of the city.
CRACK IBPS CLERK EXAM
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for IBPS CLERK Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in IBPS CLERK last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the IBPS CLERK Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for IBPS CLERK Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!