Current Affairs December 04, 2018
1. Government of India and Asian Development Bank Sign $85 Million Loan to Support Odisha Skill Development Project
- The Asian Development Bank(ADB) and the Goverment of India signed a 85 million dollar loan to improve the skill developmenet eco-system in Odisha
- The signatories to the Odisha skill developmrnt project were Sameer Kumar, Department of Economic affairs, Ministry of Finance.
- The Project will improve the quality and industry- relevance of the state's TVET programs by making them relevant to industry and demand driven and will impart advanced occupation.
2. World Bank unveils USD 200 bn in climate action investment for 2021-25
- The World Bank has unveiled 200 billion US Dollars in climate action investment for 2021 to 2025, adding that this amounts to a doubling of its current five-year funding.
- The World Bank said, the move represents a significantly ramped up ambition to tackle climate change and sends an important signal to the wider global community to do the same.
- In the 2018 fiscal year, running from July 2017 to June 2018, the World Bank had committed USD 20.5 billion to climate action, compared with an annual average of USD 13.5 billion for the 2014-2018 period.
3. Shri Ravindra Kumar Verma assumes charge as Technical Member in the Appellate Tribunal for Electricity
- Shri Ravindra Kumar Verma has assumed the charge as Technical Member in the Appellate Tribunal for Electricity (APTEL), Ministry of Power for a period of 03 years.
- Verma has served in various capacities in Central Electricity Authority (CEA) for more than 37 years. “He has rich and varied experience of power sector in generation, transmission, distribution and grid operation
- Verma had superannuated as Chairperson of CEA and Ex-officio Secretary to the Government of India on 30 June this year.
4. Train 18 is India's fastest: Country's first engine-less train crosses 180 kmph speed limit during trial run
- India's first locomotive-less train or Train 18 breached the 180 kmph speed limit during a test run.
- Train 18 breached the 180 kmph speed limit in the Kota-Sawai Madhopur section.In the process, the Rs 100 crore indigenously designed train has become the country's fastest train.
- It is about 15-20 per cent energy efficient and leaves less carbon footprint.
- The train sports an advanced regenerative braking system which saves power.
5. Hindustan Unilever board approves merger with GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare India
- FMCG major Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL) has approved the merger with GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare (GSKCH India) through an-all equity deal, valuing the total business of the latter at 31,700 crore.
- The transaction is an all equity merger with 4.39 shares of HUL being allotted for every share in GSKCH India, which sells consumer healthcare products, including popular drink brand Horlicks.
- The merger includes the totality of operations within GSK CH India, including a consignment selling contract to distribute GSK CH India’s over-the-counter and oral health products in India.
6. Pawan Singh first Indian to be elected in ISSF's judges committee
- Pawan Singh has become the first Indian to be elected one of seven member's of the Judges Committee of the International Shooting Sports Federation (ISSF).
- Mr Singh also holds the post of the Joint Secretary General of the National Rifle Association of India (NRAI).
- Mr Singh got elected onto the seven members' Judges Committee for which 22 candidates from all over the world were in the fray. Members of the administrative council of ISSF voted to select the committee during the elections held at Munich.
7. Bank of Maharashtra appoints AS Rajeev as MD, CEO
- A S Rajeev has joined Bank of Maharashtra as Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer on 2nd December 2018. Prior to this, he was Executive Director of Indian Bank from 22 January 2016.
- Rajeev is having about three decades of professional experience in three Banks - Syndicate Bank, Vijaya Bank and Indian Bank.
- State-owned Bank of Maharashtra announced that A S Rajeev has joined the lender as its Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer.
CRACK IBPS CLERK EXAM
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for IBPS CLERK Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in IBPS CLERK last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the IBPS CLERK Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for IBPS CLERK Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!