Current Affairs December 01, 2018
1. NITI Aayog holds Dialogue on Health System for New India
- The NITI Aayog organized a day-long dialogue on “Health System for A New India: Building Blocks”, with national and international academia, practitioners, Indian policymakers and other stakeholders of the healthcare ecosystem.
- The dialogue was the first in the series of NITI Aayog’s “Development Dialogues” that aims to facilitate multisectoral conversations on India’s developmental issues, which constitute a part of the country’s 15 Year Vision document.
- This dialogue is a sign that Health has taken center-stage of the policy narrative.
- The dialogue focused on strengthening and further building on the existing blocks for Health Systems for a New India and prioritized four critical health systems issues for discussion and debate.
2. Reported by Bain & Company ; India is fastest growing e-commerce market
- India has the fastest growing online retail market among top global economics.
- The Country's online retail market witnessed a compound annual growth rate of 53% for the period 2013 to 2017, according to a latest report by consultancy firm Bain and company.
- In India, consumer electronics segment has the highest online penetration (17%, which is e-commerce sales as percentage of total retail sales). It is followed by apparel and footwear (9%) and beauty and personal care (1%).
3. China to inspect imports of Indian fish meal and fish oil
- India and China signed an agreement allowing Beijing to inspect imports of Indian fish meal and fish oil, as the two nations work out a broader trade deal following a thaw in relations this year.
- The decision was part of discussions between India's commerce ministry and a six-member Chinese delegation, led by Vice Minister, General Administration of Customs of China, Hu Wei.
- This protocol for export of fish meal and fish oil from India to China is significant as India has been seeking market access for these items from China.
4. RBI moves to ease liquidity for non-banking finance firms
- In a move to make more liquidity available to non-banking finance firms, the Reserve Bank of India has relaxed the securitisation norms by relaxing the minimum holding period requirement.
- The move follows a demand from the government for a special window for NBFCs, to provide them liquidity support.
- The relaxation on the minimum holding period will be allowed when the NBFC retains 20% of the book value of these loans.
5. World Aids Day ; 1 December
- On 1 December 2018, WHO will join global partners to commemorate World AIDS Day under the theme “Know Your Status”.
- This will also be an occasion to celebrate the 30th anniversary of World AIDS Day – a pioneering global health campaign first initiated by WHO in 1988.
- Urge policy-makers to promote a “health for all” agenda for HIV and related health services, such as tuberculosis (TB), hepatitis and noncommunicable diseases.
6. National Shooting Championships: 13-Year-Old Esha Singh Wins Three Gold Medals
- Esha Singh, who is the daughter of a national level rally driver, won medals in the youth, junior and senior categories.
- 13-year-old Esha Singh, who hails from Telangana, took the National Shooting Championships by storm after winning three gold medals, leaving behind experienced shooters such as Heena Sidhu and Manu Bhaker.
- Shooting 241.0 in the women's final, the teenager beat Manu Bhaker, who finished second with a score of 238.9. And experienced shooter Heena Sidhu trailed behind at sixth with a disappointing score of 154.9.
7. EU aims to be first carbon neutral economy by 2050
- The European Union urged government, businesses, citizens and regions to join it in an ambitious plan to cut emissions and make the bloc carbon neutral by 2050.
- The EU climate commissioner Miguel Arias Canete said in a press conference in Brussels that the bloc is kicking off a process to
- determine how Europe's energy and climate policy will evolve between now and 2050.
- Climate Neutrality means the emissions are to be balanced by methods of removing warming gases from the atmosphere by planting new forests or through carbon capturing technologies.
8. Air forces of the US and India to hold joint exercise 'Cope India 2019'
- Air forces of the United States and India are scheduled to participate in a 12-day joint exercise 'Cope India 2019' at two air force stations in West Bengal
- The exercise will be held from December 3 to 14 at Air Station Kalaikunda and Air Station Arjan Singh (Panagarh).
- The exercise will be held from December 3 to 14 at The Cope India exercise is being held after a gap of eight years, with the last one having taken place in 2010.
CRACK IBPS CLERK EXAM
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for IBPS CLERK Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in IBPS CLERK last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the IBPS CLERK Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for IBPS CLERK Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!