Current Affairs August 05 and 06, 2018
1. 122 New Research project Proposals at a cost of Rs 112 Crore selected for funding under IMPRINT-2
- Government has approved 122 new research project proposals at a cost of Rs 112 crore under IMPRINT- 2 Covering Energy, Security, Healthcare, Advanced Materials , ICT and Security/Defence domains.
- Out of 2145 proposals, 122 best proposals were selected for funding under IMPRINT-II, advancing cutting edge level technology.
- IMPRINT provides the overarching vision that guides research into areas that are predominantly socially relevant.
- IMPRINT is the First, to address the major science and engineering challenges that India must address and Champion to enable, empower and embolden the nation for inclusive growth and self- reliance.
2. ‘Shaur nahin’ Mobile app launched in Shimla, Manali
- Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jairam Thakur Launched ‘horn not ok’ awareness campaign and ‘shaur nahin’(no noise) mobile application with aim to stop unnecessary noise pollution.
- The ‘Shaur nahin’ mobile application can be used by the general public to report cases of noise pollution.
- This application has settings two types of users- General Pubic and officers, both of whom would be authenticated with one time Password(OTP).
- All complaints will be immediately made available through the application to the concerned deputy commissioner, superintendent of police, sub- divisional magistrate and sub- divisional police officer.
3. 3 High Court Women Judges are appointed as Supreme Court justices
- Three high court women judges were appointed to Supreme Court, taking the total number of judges in the apex court to 25.
- Notifications announcing the appointment of Uttarakhand High Court Chief Justice K.M Joseph, Madras HC Chief Justice Indira Banerjee and Orissa HC Chief Justice VIneet Saran to the Supreme Court were Issued.
- The number of Judges in the top court after the fresh appointments has gone up to 25.There would still be six vacancies.
4. India Elected President of Asia-Pacific Institute for Broadcasting Development(AIBD)
- India elected as the president of the Asia-Pacific Institute for Broadcasting Development, a regional inter- government organization established in 1977 under the auspices of UNESCO.
- India has been appointed for the period of two Years.
- The AIBD is mandated to achieve a vibrant and cohesive electronic media environment In the Asia- Pacific region through policy and resource development.
5. World Badminton Championships 2018 complete list of Winners
- The 2018 World badminton Championship held at Nanjing Youth Olympic Games Sports Park Arena in Nanjing, China.
- In Men’s Single Kento Momota(Japan) won Gold Medal. Silver medal is won by Shi Yuqi(China).
- In Women’s Singles Carolina Marin of Spain won Gold medal. Silver Medal won by PV Sindhu of India.
- Men’s Doubles- Li Junhui (China), Liu Yuchen(China)
- Women’s Doubles- Maya Matsumoto(Japan), Wakana Nagahara(Japan).
6. Library Scientist K.S. Deshpande Passes away
- Library Scientist Krishna Shripadrao Deshpande, 95 died at his residence in Malamaddi .
- Recognized internationally as an expert in Library Science, Deshpande was instrumental in setting up and developing libraries at Karnataka University and Goa University.
- He has also authored several books on various topics.
7. Mughalsarai Junction renamed as Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Junction
- The iconic Mughalsarai Railway Junction in Uttar Pradesh has been renamed as Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Junction Railway station.
- Union Railway Minister Piyush Goyal, Minister of State for Railways Manoj Sinha and Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath were Present on the occasion.
- A goods train with an all- woman crew was also flagged off. A smart yard project was also launched on the occasion.
8. Virat Kohli is the new No.1 batsman in Test Cricket
- Virat Kohli jumps past Steve Smith to become the seventh Indian to become the No.1 Test batsman in the world.
- Virat kohli’s century against England in the opening Test at Edgbaston, has helped him reach the top position.
- Apart from Kohli and Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, Gautam Gambhir, Sunil Gavaskar, Virender Sehwag and Dilip Vengsarkar are the other India batsmen to have achieved number- one rankings during their careers.
9. Gaganjeet Bhullar claims his first European Tour title at Fiji International
- India’s golfer Gaganjeet Bhullar won his maiden European title as he held out a record-breaking charge from Australian Anthony Quale to win the Fiji International by one stroke while Ernie Els shot a 7 under 65 to finish a further stroke behind.
- It was his first win on the European tour, ninth Asian Tour and 10th Crown overall.
- Suva is the capital city of Fiji
10. UK plans to change law for organ donation to address urgent need among India- origin People
- The UK government announced new plans to change the law for organ and tissue donation to address the urgent need for organs within Indian- origin communities in the country.
- Under the new presumed consent system, those who do not want to donate their organs will be able to record their decision on the state-funded National Health Service(NHS) Organ Donor Register(ODR).
- This will come in to effect in England in 2020 as part of a drive to help black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) people desperately waiting for a life-saving transplant.
CRACK IBPS PO 2018
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for IBPS PO Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in IBPS PO last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the IBPS PO Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for IBPS PO Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!