Current Affairs August 03, 2018
1. Ballistic Missile Interceptor AAD Successfully Flight Tested
- DADO Conducted the successful test of the Ballistic Missile interceptor Advanced Area Defence ( AAD) from Abdul Kalam Island, Odisha.
- It is capable of intercepting incoming targets at an altitude of 15 to 25 kms was launched against multiple simulated targets of 1500km class ballistic missile.
- The missile is 24.6 feet long and is equipped with a state of the art navigation system. It is a single- stage, solid fuel, rocket-propelled guided missile that can track its target independently.
- DADO stands for Defence Research & Development Organization
2. Environment & Skill Development Ministers Sign MOU to train one lakh RAC Service Technicians
- Union Minister for Environment, Dr Harsh Vardhan signs MOU to bring a change by skilling, up- skilling and re- skilling technicians to bring down the emission of harmful greenhouse gases.
- The courses is to provide Skill development to scientists and technicians have also been drawn up in the Ministry of Science and Technology.
- The MOU signing ceremony was attended by the representatives of multilateral and bilateral agencies including UN Environment , representatives of various government departments.
3. Andhra approves unemployment allowance, to benefit 12 lakh youth
- The Andhra Pradesh Government has approved the “Mukhyamantri Yuva Nestam” scheme that makes unemployed youth in the state, eligible of receiving Rs 1000 per month from the government.
- The scheme won’t be applicable to those paying provident fund.
- The allowance will directly credited in bank account of selected beneficiary through biometric authentication in transparent manner.
4. Geographical Indications (GI) logo, tagline launched
- Commerce and Industry Minister Suresh prabhu launched a logo and tagline for Geographical Indication (GI) to increase awareness about intellectual property rights in the country.
- Darjeeling Tea, Triupati Laddu, Kangra Paintings, Nagpur Orange and Kashmir Pashmina are among the registered GIs in India.
- The logo has tagline “ Invaluable Treasures of Incredible India” Printed below it.
- This Act is a administered by Controller General of Patents, Designs and Trade Marks, who is also Registrar of Geographical Indication and is based in Chennai, Tamil Naidu.
5. NABARD sanctions Rs 772 Crore for water projects in Haryana
- NABARD has sanctioned Rs 722 crore for eight water projects in the rural areas of Haryana.
- Works on these projects, which will supply water to 256 villages and 72 hamlets and the state government has sent three more project proposals, costing Rs 236.85 crore, to NABARD for financial assistance.
- NABAD Chairman- Harsh kumar Bhanwala
6. Oscar Kerketta appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Rwanda
- Shri Oscar Kerketta, presently Additional Secretary (FSI) has been appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Rwanda.
- Rwanda President- Paul Kagame, Prime Minister- Edouard Ngirente.
- He is expected to take up the assignment shortly.
7. President gives away Outstanding Parliamentarian awards
- Central Hall of Parliament bearing witness to a grand ceremony to felicitate the Best Parliamentarians from 2013 till 2017in New Delhi
- Award winners are Dr Najma Haptullah (2013), Hukum Dev Narayan (2014), Ghulam Nabi Azad (2015), Dinesh Trivedi (2016), Bhartruhmari Mahrab(2017)
- Chairman of Rajya Sabha – Venkaiah Naidu
8. India’s GDP growth may rise to 7.5% this Fiscal: Morgan Stanley report
- India’s economic growth is likely to pick up further in the April-June period and the country is expected to clock GDP growth of 7.5 per cent in this financial year, says a Morgan report.
- Consumer Price Index inflation to remain slightly above the inflation target of 4% and the current account deficit below 2.5% of GDP.
- In aggregate, GDP growth to pick up to 7.5 per cent in this financial year as against 6.7 per cent in 2017-18.
CRACK SBI PO 2018
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for SBI PO Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in SBI PO last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the SBI PO Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for SBI PO Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!