Current Affairs April 15 and 16, 2018
1. Largest Health Care Scheme launched by PM Modi
- On Birth anniversary of Dr BR Ambedkar, Prime Minister launched Health and Wellness Centre under Ayushman Bharat scheme in Jangala village of Karnataka. This health and wellness centre will have the facility of teleconsultation (Consultation by remote telecommunications used for the purpose of treatment of a patient).
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi also launched the Ayushman Bharat schemes.
- This scheme aims at creating a healthy and prosperous India.
2. US, Britain and France launched military operation against Syria
- The United States, Britain and France have launched a military operation against Syria in action to an alleged poison gas attack in Douma.
- US, France, and Britain declared they were striking Syria's chemical weapons capabilities after reporting huge blasts around Damascus.
3. ‘Road Safety Trust Fund’ launched by United Nations
- United Nations’ Deputy Secretary-General Amina Mohammed launched the ‘UN Road Safety Trust Fund’ for improvement of road safety.
- This will help in stimulating the action that can save lives and prevent injuries and sufferings related with road accidents.
- The UN Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) is appointed as the Secretariat for the Trust Fund.
4. 2nd India Mobile Congress (INC) to be held in New Delhi
- Union Communications Minister Manoj Sinha declared that second edition of India Mobile Congress (IMC) will be held in New Delhi.
- The department of telecommunications and Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) will host the 2nd edition of India Mobile Congress (IMC) in October 2018.
- The event will serve as a platform for policy makers to engage in meaningful deliberations on contemporary issues of the sector.
- Around 200000 professionals from the telecom industry, representatives from US, Canada, European Union, Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) and Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) countries will attend this event.
- First edition of IMC was held in September 2017 in New Delhi.
5. Central Government extends Phase-1 of FAME-India scheme by 6 months
- Central Government has announced the extension of phase 1 of the FAME-India scheme by 6 months till end of September 2018.
- Union Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises announced this scheme.
- Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Electric Vehicles (FAME)–India is a part of National Electric Mobility Mission Plan (NEMMP) 2020.
6. Petroleum ministry to observe Ujjwala Diwas on April 20
- The Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas (MoPNG) has decided to celebrate April 20 as Ujjwala Diwas, as a part of the ‘Gram Swaraj Abhiyan’.
- Around 15000 LPG Panchayats will be organized to promote learning through peer group interaction – ‘Kuch seekhein, Kuch Sikhayein’.
7. Himachal Pradesh Celebrates its 71st Foundation Day on April 15
- Himachal Pradesh celebrated its 71st foundation day to recall that the hill state came into existence after the merger of 30 odd princely states in 1948.
- The event was held at Ridge Maidan in Shimla, where Chief Minister Jairam Thakur reviewed the ceremonial Parade presented by police, home guards and NCC cadets.
Click below to watch video session of current affairs 16 April, 2018
8. Reliance Jio raises Rs 3250 crore from Japan-based banks
- Reliance Jio has signed an agreement to raise nearly Rs 3,250 crore as samurai term loan from Japanese banks.
- It had signed approximately JPY 53.5 billion samurai term loan with 7 year bullet maturity.
- This deal is said to be the largest samurai loan (low interest loans from Japanese investors) for an Asian corporate company.
- This facility has been sponsored by Mizuho Bank, Ltd., MUFG Bank, Ltd. and Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation Singapore Branch. It will be launched into syndication soon.
9. Dharmendra to receive Raj Kapoor Lifetime Achievement award
- Veteran Bollywood actor Dharmendra will be conferred with the reputable Raj Kapoor Lifetime Achievement award at the 55th Maharashtra State Marathi Film Festival. The famous filmmaker Rajkumar Hirani will get Raj Kapoor Special Contribution award in the same event.
- Announcement was made by Maharashtra Education and Cultural Affairs Minister Vinod Tawde .
- The lifetime achievement awards carry a citation and cash reward of five lakh rupees while the special contribution awards carry a citation and three lakh rupees cash prize each.
- “He-Man”, “Sholay”, “Chupke Chupke”, “Yaadon Ki Baaraat”, “Satyakam” and “Seeta Aur Geeta” are some of the popular movies in which Dharmendra played the lead role.
10. 7th Edition of Home Expo India 2018 inaugurated by Smriti Irani
- The 7th edition of Home Expo India 2018 was inaugurated at India Expo Centre & Mart in Greater Noida by Union Minister of Textiles Smriti Irani.
- It was organised by Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts (EPCH).
- Minister of State for Textiles Ajay Tamta was the guest of honour.
- Home Expo India 2018 is expected to generate business deals for direct import.
11. L&T and BEL signed MoU for defence products
- Larsen & Toubro (L&T) and Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) signed MoU to serve the needs of export markets for defence products.
- The MoU seeks to support the capabilities of both firms for meeting the growing requirements of the Indian Armed Forces (IAF).
12. President of India received the first copy of book ‘Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar: Vyakti Nahin Sankalp’
- President Ram Nath Kovind received the first copy of the book ‘Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar: Vyakti Nahin Sankalp’ from Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu, who released it at a function at Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi.
- This book covers the inspiring life of Dr Ambedkar and several dimensions of his ideas and personality.
- It also referenced how Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been inspired by the life and message of Dr Ambedkar.
13. NPCIL signed MoU with NSDC to spur Centre's Skill India mission
- The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL) to provide skill training to 500 youth and women at Kudankulam in Tamil Nadu.
- This project will be executed by NSDC through its approved training partners near Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project (KKNPP).
- This is the largest nuclear power station in India situated in the Tirunelveli district of Tamil Nadu.
14. Saina Nehwal won 2nd CWG Gold in CWG 2018
- Shuttler Saina Nehwal defeated PV Sindhu in the first-ever all-Indian women's singles final at the Commonwealth Games.
- Nehwal won her second Commonwealth Games singles gold medal after having won it at the 2010 Delhi Games.
- She is the only Indian female badminton player to win singles gold in Commonwealth Games history.
15. Kidambi Srikanth won his 1st CWG Silver in CWG 2018
- 25-year-old Indian shuttler Kidambi Srikanth won his career's first Commonwealth Games singles Silver medal.
- In finals, he lost to Malaysia's Lee Chong Wei.
- Only three Indian shuttlers have won CWG men's singles title– Prakash Padukone (1978), Syed Modi (1982) and Parupalli Kashyap (2014).
Crack SBI Clerk 2018
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for SBI Clerk Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in SBI Clerk last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the SBI Clerk Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for SBI Clerk Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!