Current Affairs April 13, 2018
1. India hosts 16th International Energy Forum (IEF) Ministerial Meeting
- The 16th International Energy Forum Ministerial Meeting was held in New Delhi.
- The ministerial was attended by Union Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Dharmendra Pradhan.
- Along with Energy Ministers from all over the world, the event also brought together industry leaders and heads of key international organizations to discuss the future of global energy.
- The meeting was hosted by India and co-hosted by China and South Korea.
2. United Arab Emirates approved law on equal wages for men and women
- UAE approved law on equal wages for men and women to narrow the gender gap.
- UAE has been ranked 120 out of 144 countries overall in the 2017 World Economic Forum’s Global Gender Gap Report.
- Once this bill gets final approval from UAE’s Federal National Council, it will help in the empowerment of Emirati Women, ensure the protection of their rights and support their role in the national development process.
3. PM is all set to inaugurate Dr. Ambedkar National Memorial in Delhi
- On the birth anniversary of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch the Dr. Ambedkar National Memorial at Alipur Road in Delhi.
- At this place Dr. Ambedkar achieved Mahaparinirvana on 6th December 1956.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of this memorial on March 21, 2016.
4. Late Veteran Actor Vinod Khanna has been awarded with Dadasaheb Phalke Award
- Veteran Hindi film actor Shri Vinod Khanna has been awarded the Dadasaheb Phalke Award for his contribution to Indian Cinema at 65th National Film Awards.
- Some of the other famous winners for this year National Film Awards included Assamese movie ‘Village Rockstars’ in Best Feature Film category and ‘Baahubali - The Conclusion’ in the Best Popular Film providing Wholesome Entertainment category.
- Shekhar Kapur headed this film central panel.
5. Bhanu Partap Sharma has been appointed as chairman of Bank Board Bureau
- Former DoPT (Department of Personnel and Training) secretory Bhanu Partap Singh has been appointed as chairman of Bank Board Bureau (BBB) by succeeding Vinod Rai.
- Vinod Rai has been appointed as 1st chairman of BBB for two years.
6. Anish Bhanwala Becomes India's Youngest at CWG Gold Medalist in CWG 2018
- Fifteen-year-old shooter Anish Bhanwala became India's youngest gold medalist at the Commonwealth Games by winning the men's 25m Rapid Fire Pistol Finals with a record score at Gold Coast, Australia.
- He has also won gold at the ISSF Junior World Cup in Sydney 2017.
- India's Neeraj Kumar stood fifth at this event.
7. Tejaswini Sawant won India's 5th Shooting Gold at CWG 2018
- 37-year-old Tejaswini Sawant won India’s fifth shooting gold medal at the 2018 Commonwealth Games by winning women's 50m Rifle 3 Positions Finals in Gold Coast, Australia.
- This was her second medal at the 2018 edition after winning silver at the women's 50m Rifle Prone.
- India's Anjum Moudgil won silver at this event.
8. Naman Tanwar won India's 1st Boxing Medal at CWG 2018
- 19-year-old Naman Tanwar won first boxing medal at the 2018 Commonwealth Games by winning a bronze in the men's 91 kg category.
- He lost out to Australia's Jason Whateley in the semifinal of the event to secure the bronze.
- India has won a total of 35 medals, including 16 golds, 8 silver and 11 bronze medals so far.
CRACK SSC CPO 2018
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for SSC-CPO- Tier-1 Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in SSC CPO last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the SSC CPO Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for SSC CPO Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!