Current Affairs April 12, 2018
1. FSSAI launches ‘Project Dhoop’ to address Vitamin D deficiency
- The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) launched 'Project Dhoop', an action aimed at shifting the school assembly time to noon to ensure maximum absorption of Vitamin D in students by natural sunlight.
- The project was launched at National Bal Bhavan in new Delhi.
- McCannHealth approched the initiative and was supported by Kwality (Ltd).
2. Prime Minister launched DefExpo 2018 in Chennai
- The Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the 10th edition of Defence Expo, held in Chennai at Tiruvidanthal, in Kancheepuram district.
- The tag line of DefExpo this year is ‘India: The Emerging Defence Manufacturing Hub’ to reveal India’s capability in export of defence systems.
- MSME sector had a fair representation this time around 15%.
- Indian participation includes Tata, L&T, Kalyani, Bharat Forge, Mahindra and many others.
3. World’s largest solar park to set up in Gujarat
- Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani announced that Gujarat is all set to build India’s largest 5,000MW solar park in Dholera Special Investment Region (DSIR).
- It will be established on 11,000 hectares of land along the Gulf of Khambhat in DSIR.
- The establishment of this solar park will attract investment of Rs 25,000 crore
- It will also provide employment for more than 20,000 people.
Click below to watch video session of Current Affairs 12 April, 2018
4. April 12- World Cosmonautics Day
- Cosmonautics Day is an anniversary celebrated in Russia and some other former USSR countries on 12 April.
- World Cosmonautics Day is celebrated to mark the first ever flight of human in space.
- On April 12, 1961 a citizen of the Soviet Union, first lieutenant Yuri Gagarin orbited the earth onboard “Vostok” spacecraft for the first time.
5. KR Nautiyal appointed as Coast Guard Commander (Eastern Seaboard)
- Inspector General KR Nautiyal has been appointed as the new Coast Guard Commander.
- KR Nautiyal took over Headquarters Eastern Seaboard from Inspector General KS Sheoran.
- He has been promoted to the rank of Additional Director-General.
- He has been Deputy Director-General (operations and CS) at CGHQ, New Delhi, Commander CGRHQ (NE) in Kolkata and Commander CGRHQ (W) in Mumbai.
6. IPS Officer Rajesh Ranjan has been appointed as DG of CISF
- Senior IPS officer Rajesh Ranjan has been appointed as Director General of Central Industrial Security Force (CISF).
- Currently, Mr Ranjan is at Special Director General at Border Security Force (BSF).
- He has been appointed as the chief of the CISF till 2020.
7. Sushil Kumar won Gold medal in Wrestling CWG 2018
- Indian wrestler and Olympic medallist Sushil Kumar won his third straight CWG gold medal after winning the men's Freestyle 74 kg event.
- The 34 years old wrestler won the final 10-0, having dominated all previous opponents with scorelines of 11-0, 10-0, and 4-0.
- He has won silver and bronze in Olympics and was crowned world champion in 2010.
8. Rahul Aware won India's 1st Wrestling Gold in CWG 2018
- Rahul Aware won India's first wrestling gold medal at the Commonwealth Games 2018.
- He defeated Canada's Steven Takahashi in the final of men's Freestyle 57 kg event while Pakistan's Muhammad Bilal in the semi-final with 12-8.
Crack SBI Clerk 2018
IBT Institute offer you the most trusted and highly recommended Test Series for SBI Clerk Exam. 8 out of every 10 candidates selected in SBI Clerk last year opted for IBT Online Test Series.
Keeping in mind the SBI Clerk Exam, IBT has launched Special batches for SBI Clerk Exam to guide you through your preparations. Seats filling fast. Don’t miss out!!