About SSC Multitasking
SSC Multitasking examination is consist of a Computer based Written Examination (Tier-I), Descriptive Paper (Tier-II) and Typing Test/Skill Test (Tier-III) Examination for the post of Data Entry Operator, Postal Assistant & Sorting Assistant (PA/SA), Lower Division Clerk and Court Clerk.
1. SSC MTS Computer Based Examination (Objective type) Pattern:
Written examination consists of Objective Type- Multiple choice questions only.The questions will be set both in English & Hindi except English section.
|S. No.||Subject||Questions||Maximum Marks||Total Duration|
|1||General Intelligence (25 questions)||25||50||90 Minutes total|
|2||English Language (Basic Knowledge) (25 Questions)||25||50|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill) (25 Questions)||25||50|
|4||General Awareness (25 Questions)||25||50|
Note: There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer.
2. SSC MTS Tier-II (Descriptive Paper):
Tier-II Paper of MTS is descriptive Paper of 50 Marks in ‘Pen and Paper Mode. The duration of the paper is for 30 minutes . This paper has been introduced to assess the writing skills of the candidates which is necessary in Government jobs. The exam includes writing of an Essay of 200-250 words and Letter / Application writing of approximately 150-200 words. The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II is 33 per cent. The performance in Tier II would be included for preparing merit. The paper will have to be written either in Hindi or in English. Part paper written in Hindi and Part in English will not be evaluated.
3. SSC MTS Tier-III Examination:
Tier-III of the Examination continued to the Skill Test / Typing Test which is a qualifying in nature. The final merit of the successful candidates would be determined on the basis of total score obtained by them in Tier-I and Tier-II. Skill Test /Typing Test conducted in consonance.
4. SSC MTS Eligibility criteria:
Must have passed Matriculation Examination OR equivalent from a recognized Board. Note: Candidates who have not acquired but will acquire the educational qualification and acquire documentary evidence from the Board/University.
5. SSC MTS Exam Syllabus:
General Intelligence: It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. The test will include questions on Semantic Analogy, Symbolic operations, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Trends, Figural Analogy, Space Orientation ,Semantic Classification, Venn Diagrams, Symbolic/Number Classification, Drawing inferences ,Figural Classification ,Punched hole/pattern-folding & unfolding , Semantic Series, Figural Pattern – folding and completion, Number Series, Embedded figures, Figural Series, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Emotional Intelligence, Word Building, Social Intelligence, Coding and de- coding, Other sub-topics, if any Numerical operations.
English Language: Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting Mis-spelt words, Idioms & Phrases, One word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active/Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct/Indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage.
1. Number Systems: Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between numbers
2. Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time and work.
Algebra: Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations.
Geometry: Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts:
Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
Mensuration: Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base
Trigonometry: Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities like sin20 + Cos20=1 etc.,
Statistical Charts: Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar- diagram, Pie-chart
General Awareness: Questions are designed to test the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions are also designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General policy and scientific research.
6. SSC MTS Job Profile
1. Assisting in routine office work like diary, dispatch etc. including on computer.
2. Delivering of Dak (inside & outside the building)
3. Cleaning of building, fixture etc.
4. Work related to his ITI qualification, if it exists
5. Physical maintenance of records of section.
6. General cleanliness & upkeep of the Section/Unit.
7. Upkeep of parks, lawns, potted plants etc.
8. Any other work assigned by superior authority.
9. Carrying of files & other papers within the building.
10. Photocopying, sending of FAX etc.
11. Other non-clerical work in the Sections/Unit.
12. Watch & ward duties.
13. Opening & closing of rooms.
14. Cleaning of rooms.
15. Dusting of furniture etc.
16. Driving of vehicles, if in possession of valid driving license
|Starting Date of Application||22.04.2019|
|Closing Date of Application||22.05.2019|
|Exam||02.08.2019 to 06.09.2019|